Friday, July 25, 2008

Am I crazy?

So here's an interesting situation. I just hired a teacher named Julia who has a very good friend who does massage and energy work. I just spoke with him on the phone for almost an hour and he seems like an amazing guy.
He works with people on their breathing, meditation, healing massage and life energy's. I've never had any work like this done, but I notice when I go to the fertility clinic there are flyers everywhere for meditation classes for fertility patients. They are obviously encouraging us to go, (I'm sure becuase fertility treatments are so emotionally draining and stressful) but they want almost 600.00 for the classes. Now, I'm sure this guy isn't free, but I'm hoping he's not that expensive.
Mike thinks I'm a little crazy to do this, (I'm sure people thought Yoga was crazy before they knew the benefits) he's afraid the guy is a scam artist and is going to rip us off. I see his point, I really do....but at the same time part of me believes that perhaps a piece of this whole puzzle could have something to do with my thought process and energy levels. I don't think it can hurt anything, and if it helps I will be thrilled. Perhaps all I will learn from the whole thing is some meditation techniques. That can't be a bad thing when I'm freaking out during all the waiting periods of the fertility process - it may ease my worries and help me calm my mind down. My mind even races when it isn't stressed, but fertility worries make me crazy in my head, I need something to center myself.
Am I crazy to do this? Some may think so, but I'm a little crazy everyday anyway and I'm desperate to try anything that they may help at this point!

2 comments:

Kathy Prophete said...

Becky - you're not crazy. There definitely is a mind/body connection. I practiced hypnobirthing to prepare for the birth of my baby and women have been told/seen images of birth being painful. I went in with the mindset that birth didn't have to be painful if I just surrendered to the moment. I had a wonderful, quick, intense but not painful birth. The mind is a powerful organ...you should check out Daniel Siegel's books The Mindful Brain...I haven't finished it yet but it might back up your craziness. I for one say the more in touch you are with your body, mind, and spirit the better you function in life.

Kathy Prophete said...

Oops - the brain is a powerful organ not the mind - although the two are connected.