Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Here we go again

Well it's confirmed, the baby seems to have stopped growing at 6 weeks, and now I have to wait for my body to "expel" (sounds so unloving) the baby. This could take anywhere from now up to two weeks. So I get to walk around "pregnant" for two weeks, but really not pregnant, and hope I don't start passing it while at work or sitting in class at night.

We talked extensively to the Dr. and we can start trying again as soon as 8 weeks from now. We are moving up in the fertility chain to injectible IUI. I have to actually go to a two hour class on how to inject myself everyday in the stomach. We will hope to have between 4-8 eggs during this injectible cycle and then hopefully at least 1 will be a viable egg. This obviously has a much higher chance of multiples (mainly twins and triplets which is A-OK with me), but could happen that all the eggs fertilize and implant. Have you even seen John and Kate plus 8? Well, this is the exact procedure they did, the first time they got twins - the second time they got 6!!! I don't believe our 900 sq foot house can handle 6 kids, but we could manage with two.

I'm feeling much better about the whole situation now and I know it was nothing I did, just a chromosomal abnormality. But it still sucks and now we are put back another 8 weeks before trying again. Mike and I discussed on the way to this appointment that we will continue to pour our money into this until I'm 41 (two years from now) and then we will just be the most awesome Aunt and Uncle a kid could have. We'll host summer fun at our house!! Can you tell I'm really trying to put a positive spin on this whole awful ordeal.

The one hard thing to come of all these procedures is the expense, we have applied for a "Growing Family" grant that gives couples 10,000 towards fertility procedures, we'll keep our fingers crossed for that, and we are cutting corners everywhere we can. I'm afraid I will have to give up my beloved chorus because we need the extra money for all the fertility procedures, but it's a chorus I can always join again in two years.

Have a wonderful week everyone and thank you all for your kind words and thoughts during this really trying time.
Becky and Mike

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never give up...
Thinking about you all the time...
from the heart
Vera

Anonymous said...

If anyone could do more than one it's you! I, for one, think John and Kate Plus Eight is hysterical (although I don't agree with some of their parenting practices) and they parlayed that into some serious money ;). Plus you are much funnier than Kate!

Becky and Mike Mooers said...

Ha Ha, thanks Kathy - Yes Kate gets on my nerves too, always yelling at her husband- HELLO!! Like he's an idiot.
But I agree that we could handle multiples, I have to convince the Dr. of this tomorrow. I have a "meeting" with him before we are allowed to do the injectibles where I'm sure he is going to relay the risks and horrors of multiple births.

Anonymous said...

We love you Aunt Becky and Uncle Mike.

The Boys

Becky and Mike Mooers said...

Thank you boys! We love you lots too!
Aunt Becky and Uncle Mike