Thursday, July 10, 2008

We are approved for injectible IUI!

I had to have an "interview" with the fertility Dr. today to see if Mike and I are candidates for injectible IUI. I guess some people can be rejected. We were not!! We got the big speech about the chance for multiples which really isn't that different from the medicine I've already been on for years - triplets and higher is still only a 5% chance...the big difference is the twin factor which jumps from 9% to 30%! The doctor had to make sure I could handle twins.....once he realized I've been teaching preschool forever he decided I would be OK.

So...now we wait for one regular cycle and then we move on. The Dr. hopes I will get between 8-10 eggs per cycle (they like 3-4 but "because of my age", they are being more aggressive). Nothing like fertility drugs to really focus on how old you are. He said "Well, when women are 39 we need to be aggressive with our treatment. I reminded him that I still had two weeks of 38 left.

We are off.....on the next step of this infertility journey, maybe there is a plan in the whole thing, maybe we are meant to have multiples!! Hee Hee....that should give Mike a small heart attack. ;)

No comments: