Monday, June 30, 2008

Ultrasound results

Well, again the emotions of this whole process are killing me. We went and the results are not bad, not great just kind of a "too early to tell" answer was what we got.

The Doctor was very nice and she saw a gestational sac and what she thought was a yolk sac, but that little bugger is so far in there she really had a hard time seeing anything. At one point she said "I think I saw a heartbeat, but it was very faint". Which is one of two things, one there is no fetal pole and we have another blighted ovum, or it's just too early in the pregnancy to see anything.

I'm disappointed, not sad because it could all be fine, but disappointed that there wasn't more of a confirmation of a fetus in there. I do have a print out of a gestational sac that makes me feel better.

This is the lesson I have learned today, never ever schedule these appointments in the afternoon because the waiting all morning long was just too much.

We go back on Tuesday for another Ultrasound and we are hoping to see a fetal pole and a strong heartbeat then. I made that appointment for 8:15am!

We appreciate all the well wishes and good thoughts we know you were sending our way at 1:30 today. Thank you all.

Now I'd better get some homework done, I wasted the morning worrying.
Becky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know...I always had a hard time @ ultra sounds. They said I was to big (fat) to ever get any information for sure. Good or bad. Hard to wait for answers but maybe it is a lesson to learn from the universe...

Becky and Mike Mooers said...

The universe seems to be telling me lately to hurrey up and wait! I really don't wait well at all