Monday, June 29, 2009

Dammit

This is one of the reasons I can't wait to be a parent - for priceless stories like this. My sister called moments ago to tell us this story of her precious daughter who just turned 3 this week.
Ava and her Daddy were outside playing in the swimming pool. She had a little wand that changed colors in the water - well Dad was playing with it and somehow broke it. He apologized to Ava and her response was "It's OK Daddy....you broke my wand....Dammit". He then told her they don't use words like that in their family (ummmm.....well maybe not when they think she can hear them).
She got out of the pool, went around to the side of the house and began to sing a little tune (She and her Daddy sing a lot together), with the following words. "Daddy broke my wand....I said Dammit, I got in trouble...la la la, Dammit Dammit Dammit....la la la"
Her Daddy found her and let her know that it's still a bad word.....even if you're singing it.

What a wonderful memory, the first time your child uses a bad word! ;) I love it.
Now, if she could just sing that little tune in public the memory would be even MORE priceless!!

These are the moments that parenthood is made of!

No comments: