Monday, July 6, 2009

Family of Fallers?


I believe I come from a family of fallers, I have seen both my parents fall on numerous occasions as well as my sisters..brothers not so much. I often wonder if my cousins suffer from this as well?
As a "faller" I'm surprised I have not broken more bones in my lifetime. In fact I've only broken my left wrist (twice) and had many messed up knees and ankles. I have been terrified this entire pregnancy that I would fall and lose this baby. I have avoided certain shoes, wet pavement and anything looking remotely slippery but today I was bested by a piece of fruit! Heading out to read stories to the children before their nap I stepped on something squishy and slimy (looked like a pear, a banana?) that some innocent 2 year old had dropped from their lunch and down I went. Of course it seemed to me completely in slow motion and I did my best to not fall on my belly. Instead, I did the splits...I'm really shocked I didn't rip my pants since my front foot slid forward on the fruit and my back foot stayed the same I expected to hear a RIP as soon as my hoo haw hit the floor.
I quickly jumped up (well two teachers had to help me)and headed to Labor and Delivery to make sure things were fine. Thank God the baby's heartbeat and movements are strong, placenta is intact and everything looked perfect. I am dilated to 1cm right now so we are hoping he'll hang out for a couple more weeks at least. The bad part is right now he is "breech transverse" which means sideways and feet down. If he doesn't move we are looking at a "C" Section for sure.
Right now I am nursing a very sore knee, and a sore left ass cheek where both hit the floor but other than that things are ok!!

2 comments:

Kathy Prophete said...

When you're feeling better...I can give you some tips for getting that baby to turn!!!

Sara said...

That's so scary. I'm so glad everyone is OK!