Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Do I REALLY need it?

I've reached a point in this pregnancy where big decisions must be made about things that fall on the floor. I can no longer just bend over and pick things up, there is a large, hard belly in the middle that no longer bends and I'm afraid I may snap the baby in half if I bend over too quickly.
I have to decide if I REALLY need an item, this morning was keys that I dropped - yep, needed those, had to go to work - got 'em with a hanger! On Saturday I dropped the TV remote, I just watched the same channel until someone walked through the room and could get it for me.
Yesterday I went to Long's to get some things for Mom and I had her credit card in my bra since my hands were full....oh stop, you keep things there too, of course I'm still waiting for the boobies to come in and since they haven't, there was plenty of room and the card fell out of my bra, down my shirt and to the floor of Long's, where I stood holding items and staring at this credit card (and you know how hard those are to pick up when you're NOT pregnant!) wondering how to slowly kick it to the cash register where someone might have pity on me and help me get it. Kicking it didn't work with my shoe of choice lately, flip flops, so I slid it under my shoe dragged my foot all the way to the register (looking like something out of a horror movie I'm sure) where there was another pregnant lady, but with an older child who saw my predicament and ordered her 5 year old to get the card for me. Thank goodness for those who have gone before me and understand.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hilarious, Becky! I only wore shoes I could slip on my feet near the end of my last pregnancy. And I MUST tell you the story of my friend who, while very pregnant, lost her panties in KMart!!!!

Becky and Mike Mooers said...

Sara, ok nowI'm dying to hear what happened to this woman's panties....please tell!