Thursday, January 6, 2011

17 months and counting!

Happy New Year!!  Erik is 17 months old today, as usual it is unbelievable to me.  Sigh. I'm trying to savor every second, because honestly I don't believe that I will have any more children.  I'm not closing the door to another child, I just don't think it will be a biological one so I am trying to remember every piece of this little guy.

He's happy, silly, smiley and quirky all at the same time.  He loves Choo Choo trains, his pink blanket, corn dogs and the letter "S".  He's really into letters and numbers (thank you Sesame Street), so into them that he randomly yells them.  His favorite number is six, however when he says it, it sounds more like Shisx..which just ends up sounding like Shit. If we're lucky he alternates it with his other favorite number, 10! Shit, 10, Shit, 10, and you get the picture.  He loves to say it loudly, over and over in public places. I have to at least be grateful that it's not like my little brother who used to replace his T's with F's and really loved trucks!  Mom couldn't take him anywhere, there are trucks everywhere...and little boys with very loud voices. (Sorry Frank!)

Like I said earlier he's so into letters and numbers that it's all he talks about...he insists that his name is "S!"...yes, the letter S.  Here's a little video of him saying it.  If you can get through the shaky beginning.



If any of you find a potion that keeps children from growing up, please let me know.

No comments: