Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Walking

This year it's my goal to move my body more.  Not just from the car to my house, but actually something that resembles exercise.  I've been coming home from work each day and taking Erik for a walk. We take different routes, he yells at birds and airplanes and I get a bit of a work out.  He asks for a walk every day, this is good, it ,must be why some people have dogs.  It's FORCING me to exercise, because the second I walk in the door he says "Walk Mama!"
Yesterday I had the grand plan to walk to Safeway (about a mile a way), grab a couple things and walk back.  All was fine until we got into Safeway where Erik proceeded to yell "Shit" Shit" Shit" - or whatever that word is that he says over and over and very loudly!  I hit the spice aisle and because he was in the stroller I got him too close to things and he took out an entire shelf of spices with one swipe of his foot.  Is it wrong that I was a little bit happy that it was raining at our walk time today?

1 comment:

Sara said...

Good for you--I think walking is great! One time, I noticed I stopped gaining weight--and all I had done differently was walk two days a week. Need to do that again. Wow, Erik took out a whole row of spices! I'm not sure what sport that is preparing him for, but I'm sure it's something!