Monday, December 20, 2010

Mike's Christmas Surprise

Mike has been talking for a long time about how he needed a "man-cave" for his stuff.  That he needed some Mike time ( I reminded him that he was married and that went away when he got married..but it fell on deaf ears), basically he needed somewhere to go play his video games where he could hide from my nagging him about the taking the trash out and my eye rolls at his TV viewing choices.
So, this year Mike got a Christmas miracle. I worked every moment I had that he was at work and Erik was asleep to transform out teeny tiny basement (that we used as storage) into his "Man-Cave".  I dragged furniture down, I hung up sports stuff, and added a 26 inch hi-def flat screen TV (complete with cable) to round the whole thing out.
Since he has to stay home while we go to the beach for Christmas, I decided to give it to him early...besides anyone who knows me knows I couldn't keep this much fun a secret!!  So I gave it to him tonight.  I think he likes it.  It's pretty cold down there, but hey, no one's nagging him to turn the channel off football, and I'm happy upstairs watching Oprah!  It's a win win all the way around!
Merry Christmas my Love - Hope you have fun!

1 comment:

Sara said...

You're awesome, Becky--what a nice thing to do!