Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October

October is typically one of my favorite months, because fall begins and there's that little holiday HALLOWEEN!  I love everything about October, to me it feels like a new beginning.  A new season, a time to dress up and be someone else!  We decorate the house in a big way, and I love it.  Apparently Erik is my child because he has loved it too!  Today being the 2nd of November all the Halloween decorations are gone (replaced with Turkeys and Scarecrows of course), and Erik is missing them.  I took him to Big Lots tonight (because as soon as I get home each day he insists on "BYE BYE MAMA!!" - again, totally my child), and of course the Halloween items were all thrown into one corner in a sad sale heap.  Erik looked sad.  He began to cry, for the unwanted Halloween decorations.  Sighing loudly and saying over and over "Bye Bye Pumpums, bye bye skeletons!"  I distracted him with singing Christmas decorations. 
He had a great time passing out candy, dressing up as a frog and going to Mommy's school's Halloween party.  When we were passing out candy I was afraid the big teenagers and their scary masks would scare Erik.  Nope, the scarier they were the harder he clapped!!  I hope he grows quickly, finally someone to do scary things and ride scary rides with.......I'll be set between him and niece Ava for riding scary rides while Mike waits on the sides.
Here we are at the school party.....The Princess and the Frog .
 We also took a long weekend trip to Reno (whoa that place is NOT Vegas).  We tried to find things to do for Erik......this was it.  He was happy sitting under an Elephants Crotch banging the balls and making Elephant sounds.
One day we went to the Train Museum in Carson City (insert long boring sigh here), and as much as Erik is my child, he is also very related to Daddy since he lit up with happiness to see the "Choo Choo's" and spent the entire two hours we were there saying "Choo Choo" over and over.   And now Mike has someone to spend hours looking at trains with......and it doesn't have to be me...WHEE! ;)







We did the usual Pumpkin Patch family trip and our pumpkin obsessed child LOVED the pumpkin patch!


The funniest part of the trip to the Pumpkin Patch was Erik riding a pony.  I walked with him holding him on for the first lap and then the handler told me he would watch him so I didn't have to walk.  I was VERY clear that Erik didn't really sit up well and he would need to hold him and not let him go.  He assured me he would.
As he walks away with Erik I tell the other guy (in Spanish) to PLEASE go make sure he doesn't fall he isn't very stable....just as he goes to help Erik falls, you can see it here. 







Man they are lucky he didn't fall completely off that horse!

Oh......and to end the month he pooped in the tub.  Probably won't be the last time....so yucky.

1 comment:

Sara said...

He's so cute! And pooping in the tub--too funny, and inevitable!