Wednesday, November 3, 2010

God and Preschool

Yesterday a new child was visiting my program and she brought along her older brother to visit with her.
He was......energetic.  At one point I did have to tell him that he needed to follow our rules (and then I told him what they were), the conversation went like this.
Me: You can use the stairs to to get onto the stage - we don't jump
Him: Grown-Ups can jump
Me: Nope grown ups use the stairs too
Him: My big brother can jump
Me: Nope EVERYONE uses the stairs
Him: Well....GOD can jump, because he's God and he could just levitate up there.
Me: Yes he could, but God likes it when people obey the rules so I'm sure God would use the stairs to be a good example for the little kids.
Him: Well, God could do whatever he wants.......and he went on and on and on...and ON, about all the things God could do and how God was the boss of the world.
Me (after listening for far too long about God and how he was the boss): Well, God may be the boss of the world, but I'm the boss here and you can use the stairs to get on the stage or you don't go on the stage.
He used the stairs..........and then started the same conversation with Santa Claus.
I walked away this time.

No comments: