Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Making Mike Crazy?

My husband is a rule follower....a serious, follow EVERY thing to the letter, rule follower.  I make him crazy.
We can't cook together, seriously he can't take it.  I change things, or I don't measure things perfectly, and it just unwinds him.
He really can't stand it if I don't turn on the timer for something in the oven.  Sometimes I do it on purpose just to see steam come out of his ears. 
Tonight we were making calzones and he had done all the prep work and then I came in to put them together....and there he stood watching me, telling me "the recipe says to put 1/8th of the mixture inside and then fold it over with a 1/2 inch seam"....you're kidding right?  I laughed and then wildly threw a whole spoonful (without measuring...GASP!) onto the dough and folded it over...without measuring 1/2 inch.  Then...hold your breath for this one....I put it in the oven WITHOUT setting the timer!!!  Oh No!!  How will I ever know when it's done?
I'm not a rule follower when it comes to little things like recipes, or fashion (glitter is good for me any day of the year), I am a rule follower with things like job, taxes, etc.  Perhaps we balance each other out this way, or make each other crazy.
I love that silly recipe follower, complete with timers and measuring devices.  But, as much as I love him, I can't cook with him any more........it's just too much.
I'm sure he will kill me for making this picture public....oops! ;)  I wanted to show that while a serious rule follower, sometimes....SOMETIMES, he gets a little wild.  He just went crazy here!

No comments: