Friday, August 13, 2010

One Year



It's been a year, since our lives changed forever. I feel like I was pregnant for YEARS, but this year just flew by in the flash. These are the little things that have made this year move like a speeding bullet. I've heard that once you have children life goes at double speed. It's true.



This year I learned:


  • The most beautiful thing on the planet is Erik's smile.

  • Life is so much more precious now.

  • The word Mama melts me....especially since Dada is much more common.

  • Staying up all night and working the next day is possible, not easy, but possible.

  • People with more than one children who manage to work, and get dinner on the table each night are pretty awesome in my book!


  • Sometimes the greatest trials end up being the best situations.


  • I love the sweet smell of wet sloppy baby kisses.



I also learned:



  • Baby vomit is really hard to get out of your hair - if you forget it's there for a couple days

  • My child's favorite thing in this world is my....HAIR


  • My husband can sing nursery rhymes in a way that cracks me up.


  • Wet babies are SO slippery!


  • Breast milk stains everything.


  • One child's voice can carry through a very crowded restaurant very quickly.


  • Yo Gabba Gabba is a very strange thing that babies love.


  • 20 years of taking care of children, still did not prepare me for parenthood.

I hope the next years go much slower. I want to soak it all in and remember each little tidbit.


Mike and Erik, thank you for this year of love (and sometimes, tears).













No comments: