Wednesday, August 25, 2010

B-O-O-K

We have a secret language we now speak in our house, it's called S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G. There are certain words we NEVER speak. One of those words is "Book".
Erik is obsessed with books, it's all he wants to do. I probably should edit the amount of books he has. I think it's about 50 now. Hey, I used to work at Barnes and Noble....I stocked up.

When I say he loves books, I'm not kidding. We can't say the word, or we're reading for the next hour. He usually just throws books at us when he wants us to read. Today he added the word "GEN!" (again), as he tossed the book at Mike.

When I came home from work there was a purple package in the mailbox. A new book from Papa and Grandma Liz. Mike couldn't get it open fast enough. As soon as Erik saw it was a book he was chanting, book, book book and flapping his arms.

We read it right away. As you can see - he really liked it.

1 comment:

livetobaccofree said...

That was so cute! It was great to see you reading to him. Seth loves books too, and I think reading to him as a baby is why he can now read at about 2nd grade level at 4 yrs old! Oh, and you can never, never have too many books! :)
(My dream house will have a library with the tall shelves and ladders to reach all the books!)