Thursday, February 18, 2010

Super Ta Ta’s

Yesterday was an interesting day at work.  As you may have seen on the news, a plane crashed in East Palo Alto cutting off electricity to the whole city.  We managed to get through the day with all the children in an “adventure/camping” kind of day. 

It didn’t dawn on me until mid-morning when I usually do my pumping that I wouldn’t be able to pump.  Since it was Wednesday it was my long day and I knew I wouldn’t be home from school until 8:00pm so not pumping for a few hours was NOT an option.

I went into my office to pump and then remembered…..no electricity…..I thought about what to do with my engorging boobs when it dawned on me that my wonderful pump had a car outlet charger…..ta da!!!!!

I did have to be creative though, there are two construction projects going on where we park so there are LOTS of construction workers milling around.  I couldn’t just sit in the car, boobs to the wind and pump.  I had to cover myself, or their ability to see in. 

I used the super hero capes from the dress up area, to cover the windows.  While I sat inside I wondered what the people outside must think about the Honda on the street that had a different colored cape hanging from each window.  Something super was going on inside!!  Super Ta Ta’s to the rescue!!!!!