Thursday, October 8, 2009

2 month check up!



Can you believe Erik is 2 months old? It seems that just yesterday he was inside my tummy kicking around and now here we are with laughter and smiles and colic and coos!


I am still having my ongoing fight with Kaiser about their decision to not cover Erik, so while we wait for the appeals process we have to pay for everything out of pocket. His Dr. appointment today was $125.00 just to walk in and then $100.00 for each shot - of which he needed 4! YIKES! We had no idea we'd have to pay for the shots as well. When the Dr. told us that we decided to wait on those immunizations and go to the county health department where they are free - I'll be checking that out tomorrow.


Our big boy now weighs 15.1 pounds and is 26 inches long! That would explain why he is wearing 6mo clothes. He is in the 99th percentile in everything except his head which is still only in the 50th.


I love the fall, I love the cold weather and all the lights that begin to show up (Halloween didn't have lights when we were kids but now there are ORANGE lights everywhere!) and you can just feel the excitement coming from children. What they have planned all year to be for Halloween and they know Christmas is right around the corner! I have been having SO much fun dressing Erik up in the cutest Halloween outfits. I'm sure it won't last long so I'm going to dress him up for all the holidays until he is able to stomp his foot and say MOOOOM!!! Then I'll stop...but for now, bring on all the cheesy holiday clothes! I love 'em!


As we get ready for Halloween, Mom and I were in the Disney store the other day and I noticed they had the PRINCE dolls on sale (you can never find just the Prince's anyway - but to have them on sale as well!), and ever since my niece Ava learned Erik's name she has called him "Prince Erik" - she likes the Little Mermaid and he's the Prince. So, I found a Prince Erik doll!!


I was so excited to show it to Mike who was of course appropriately horrified in his fatherly reaction. As any father without a child development background would be at the thought of his wife buying their SON a doll. I think I convinced him that dolls are fine for boys because it teaches them how to be caregivers, daddies and sweet big brothers, besides how could I NOT buy the Prince Erik doll for my sweet little prince?


Here's some pictures of cheesy Halloween outfits! And the new masthead is the mantle in my living room all decorated for Halloween. Erik loves to sit and look at the lights.

I know we shouldn't be matchy matchy but we both have a shirt with a ghost that says "Boo!"
Happy Fall!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I say, be matchy-matchy! Yes! Love it all!