Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Life With Baby

Mamma and Me!
I do this alot, it looks like I'm going to give kisses! Mommy thinks it's so cute!

Being cool in my sunglasses - which don't fit my itty bitty head!


In the car seat



Sleeping peacefully




Hanging out with my Dad!





Boomer Sooner! Ready for the first game (which they lost ;( of the season!

Life with baby has been a whirlwind. He's a beautiful, gorgeous boy who makes it impossible for me to sleep, do homework, clean my house or anything that doesn't involve holding him.....and all of you who want to yell at me that I'm spoiling him by holding him can save your breath. It took me 5 years to get this baby - I'll hold him all I want.
My house looks like a tornado came through and deposited baby items EVERYWHERE. He has 3 swings! Why? Because he doesn't like 2 and I do have to pee and take a shower at some point each day and he has to be put down for a little while - he hates two of them - and loves one. He sleeps in it at night and plays in it during the day. It has saved my sanity.
We have entered the baby world of Colic. Yesterday we took him to the Dr. (oh and his insurance hasn't kicked in yet so the appointment cost us 100.00 and the meds cost 180.00!) who showed us the "5 magic ways to burp a baby" - and in all my years in childcare I thought I knew all the ways to burp a baby - nope she had 2 that shocked even me!
She decided he has reflux so he's now on a regimen of soy formula (and I'm watching what I eat - no caffeine and no dairy) and Baby Tagament - who knew there was liquid Baby Tagament...which is peppermint flavored and he hates it! Why would you make something peppermint flavored for a baby???
Anyway - I finally had a minute to post something so thought I would catch you up on what we're doing. Here's my daily schedule
5:00 am - Feed Baby
5:30 am - Change Baby
6:00 am - Pump Boobies (oh...they finally came in! woo hoo )
6:30am - Rock Baby to sleep in arms - try to take a snooze while he sleeps
8:30am - Feeding
9;00am Changing
10:00am - Pumping
10:30am - Sleeping (this is when I dash around like mad to get stuff done because I have exactly 2 hours before he wakes up and before my boobies explode - and I don't want to be running errands when that happens)
12:30 - Feeding and Pumping
1:00 PLAYING!!! This lasts for all of 20 minutes but it's fun!
1:30 Rocking
2:00 Feeding
2:30 Sleeping
3:00 Pumping
3:00-5:00 Another 2 hours to accomplish something
5:00 - 7:00 Woo Hoo Dad's home and I can finally take a shower! Give Baby to Dad and pretend I don't hear the "Becky...Becky" that signals he may need help. Oh..he does it to me too, you know he does!
7:00-9:00 Baby is awake and not hungry, or dirty just awake and needing to look at us and be held - so we trade off the holding.
9:00 another feeding, another pumping and off to bed.
If we are lucky we get to sleep until midnight, then we are up until 1:00. Then up again at 3:00 - back to sleep and up for the day at 5:00.........oh and there's two pumping's in the middle of the night as well.

ACK!!!! But so totally worth the prize.....seriously how do people find the time to have more than ONE? I can't even imagine. At some point I will need to carve out some homework time!



2 comments:

mamademuchos said...

Hold that baby all you want. They grow so dang fast, enjoy this stage. Mine gets held almost constantly, but there are many arms around here. I have to get inline for my turn, or wait for feeding time.

Congratulations again on your little miracle. He is adorable.
-Daneece

Kathy Prophete said...

We push our babies to be independent too quickly which makes them more dependent as they grow. Hold that little guy all you want! Get an ergo or moby wrap to wear around the house! It was the only way I could get anything done! :) In all your free time read Our Babies, Ourselves ;)...it's a great book!