Monday, September 21, 2009

Sleep

Sleep - I haven't had much of it in the last 6 weeks. That old advice "sleep when the baby sleeps" is CRAP when the baby only sleeps during the day! I can't sleep at 2:00pm for 20 minutes..again, any pregnant moms out there that advice is CRAP.

We are finally getting to a point where he sleeps more than an hour and a half. In fact yesterday he slept ALL day except for a couple hours and I was very fearful for the night...but here is it 3:30am and he slept from 10-2, 4 hours! 4 Hours! 4 Hours! Did you see it was 4 hours?

I slept that whole time too and was shocked to wake up and see that I had slept 4 hours IN A ROW. Well, again - it's 3:30 am - Baby is back asleep, I however have so much energy from all that four hours that I have pumped, cleaned the kitchen (including UNDER the kitchen sink), played on facebook, written a new blog post and now have nothing else to do. I guess I could dig into that 4th Twillight book that I so need to finish - or I could just sit and look at this gorgeous angel sleep.......or wake him up to hug? No...sleep.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I know what you mean about 4 hours! Only, I'm still doing it. 19 months later. He'll probably settle into more of a predictable rhythm in the next couple of months....

Sara said...

I meant that about baby Erik, not my toddler--who knows!?