Wednesday, April 15, 2009

24 weeks and doing great!!

Today was that 24 week appointment and things went well. No gestational diabetes, and I've only gained a total of 4 pounds for 6.5 months in that's pretty good! This was the first time the Dr. could hear the baby's heartbeat with just the doppler and not the ultrasound. So all in things are going as perfectly as they can. I feel blessed and so grateful that this pregnancy is finally working for us!
Here's a funny story I have to share. All the children in my class know that I'm pregnant with a boy and Monday one of the kids (Katie) and I had the following conversation.

Katie - Hi Becky, how's that baby in your tummy?
Becky - I think he's doing OK Katie!
Katie - That's good, can I have a peek?
Becky - A peek at the baby? How do you think you can do that when he is inside my tummy?
Katie - Just lift up your shirt and I'll check on him through your belly button window
Becky - Oh, well that's a good idea, but my belly button isn't a window.
Katie - Well, it's not for YOU because you're too big, but it's just MY height! Let me check.

I let her know that only Doctor's could check when he was still inside me, then I distracted her with bubbles - but oh what a funny conversation!!
Hope you all had a great Easter, more to come later!
Love,
Becky

2 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats--every week is a little celebration!

Becky said...

yes I think so, Every Wednesday I do a little dance that we have made it through one more week!!