Wednesday, September 7, 2011

25 Months

I know you want to ask.......no, he's NOT walking yet!  He did have his 24 month check this week which he could have taken himself to.  Every time the Dr. answered a question Erik answered it.

E - Hi Docto Wosen (Dr. Rosen)
Dr; Hi Erik, How are you?
E - Super Job!

She turns to me and says "Oh he's so cute and such a vocabulary at his age!" and then she says "Any concerns?" 
REALLY???????  This is why Doctor's have a bad rap....she's had COUNTLESS conversations and e-mails with me about his walking and she turns to me and says any concerns?  I wanted to flick her in the forehead with a big DUH and say...HE ISN'T WALKING AND HE'S 2!!!!!!!!  I'M CONCERNED!!  She even acted surprised when I reminded her about the non-walking thing.  Seriously Doctors, I know you have a lot of patients, but come on, remember the big things!

She took a long look at his legs, ran an MRI and pronounced him "perfect" and than he "just doesn't feel like walking yet". I insisted on a PT consult.  Luckily I got it.  Funny thing, the Dr. that I pay 30.00 to each time I see could really care less if he's walking or not. But Early Start here in San Jose, a non-profit FREE service for children under 36 months had 15 pages of paperwork waiting for me withing a couple hours of my initial phone call to them and they are already working things up for an environmental observation. I think I know who'd I rather work with.

In all other aspects beyond his gross motor skills he's well advanced, he can draw a circle, a line, recognize all the letters of the alphabet and numbers to 20.  He knows all his colors and told the Dr his favorite was "cacamarine" (Aquamarine).   He's a funny little guy, I asked him tonight when I was putting him to bed if he was my little baby and he said "Nope, I'm just a little pirate".  No idea where he gets this stuff.

He's also crazy 2 years old, he wears his emotions on his arms and can go from screaming tantrum throwing fit to loving kisses in a matter of seconds, as all toddler's do.

He's up to 33 pounds and 35 inches in height.  93rd percentile.  Whew!  Seriously I can't carry this kid anymore.

No comments: