Thursday, February 17, 2011

Disneyland.........and the flu

     Last week we took a long anticipated trip to Disneyland.  It was the first time we were going to get to spend a few days and not have to cram everything into one day and then drive home.  We were so excited!  And then we all got sick.

     It started with Erik, and then me.  By the time we left on the plane Thursday evening I figured I could force myself to feel better and Erik was on the backside of things.....so we thought.

     As soon as we got into the air (after much happy excitement on Erik's part!), Erik vomited.....everywhere.  Down my shirt, into my shoes, all over the side of the plane and into the vent.  That awful curdled milk vomit from babies....the kind that REEKS!!  Did I say it went into the vent?  Yup!  People were thrilled, I could hear muffled gagging from all around us, never was a planeful of people more excited to land!

     As I squished in my vomit filled shoes through the John Wayne airport to baggage claim I imagined all the other parents who've lived through the same thing.  It really sucked, and it continued to suck as I pulled vomit cheese out of my bag, wallet and laptop for the next several days.

     Once we arrived at Disneyland (well at the Hotel near Disneyland) Erik perked up, and Nana and Daddy perked down!!  But we forged forward for Erik to make his trip as fun as possible and while we spent more hours a day in the hotel room (bathroom) than we did actually in the park...we still had an OK trip!



Erik's first Dumbo ride, even Nana got on!

 Erik really didn't have a problem with the characters, except for Balu.....he wasn't thrilled with this one.

 
Loved that the rooms came with cribs.....even though they were very "jail - like", and super squeaky!

The most loved "Mic-Mouse!"
It's pretty sunny at Disneyland, these don't work so well when you peek over the tops.

Erik and Nana waiting in line

The one character he loved...he waved her over, and blew her kisses...nothing like Princess Aurora to make your day!

What me tired??  Nah, let's hit the Tiki Room again!


Erik had a wonderful time!!

No comments: