Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Feeding Time!

We have moved to solid foods!! He likes them very much. See for yourself here. The Doctor told us because he was a big boy it was up to us when to start him. He had to meet some prerequisites developmentally but he had met them all with A's in each one so we got the green light. He was about to eat anything that got near him, toys, his hands, my hands, and giving me that look like "you had better give me a taste of whatever you're eating!"

He loves his new highchair that Nana bought him and when he sees me get it he gets all squeely (I'm sure that's not a real word) and excited because he knows food is coming! Here's a picture of him being very happy in it.


It's so fun to see him experience these new things, and I have a freezer full of food for him to try that I started making a few weeks ago. The doctor said we could introduce a new food every five days and gave us a list of about 8 that we could work from.


We took him to the Swedish festival in San Francisco last weekend and man, those are definitely Mike's people. Every where I turned I was looking into Mike's face, so many people that were the mirror images of his mother and Aunt.

We saw a performance of a Ukaline -a combination Violin and Ukelele- (this is what is looks like and here is what is sounds like) quartet by men dressed up in Swedish outfits. It was interesting ... for about 3 minutes, and then it reminded me of nap time music. We found lovely gifts for Mike's mom and at one point a woman I was buying something from was trying to tell another customer the name of the animal that the skin on the shoes was made from but she didn't know the animal's name in English so she looked at me and asked me to translate it. I laughed, I may have the Swedish blond part down - but she obviously didn't see the rest of me, I'm not a thin, long legged Swedish beauty - now I think I would blend right in at the Irish festival (look for me near the potatoes and cheese), Swedish.....never! We did buy Erik a cute little shirt with a Swedish heart shaped flag on the front that says "Swedeheart". It was a fun day.


I'm hoping this week he will begin to sleep through the night, we've had a few sporadic nights but getting up at 2:00 and going back to bed at 3:00 and then getting up again at 5:00 to go to work is no fun, but it's all worth it from one of those toothless grins!




1 comment:

Sara said...

I love that happy baby photo!