Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dear Santa

My cousin Sara has a great blog too - www.sara-sundries.blogspot.com - check it out if you get a minute, she has links to some really cool other stuff and if you want to see the adorable things she crochets take a peek.
Anyway she did this on her blog and I loved it so much I'm stealing it for here and would love to see your "lists" as well.

Christmas List
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I think wrapped presents look much prettier and wrapping paper is much cheaper - but if I have gift bags they are the first thing I grab for convenience sake.
2. Real tree or artificial? Fake - purchased used from a friend of a friend and I LOVE that I don't have needles everywhere, my cats don't have the urge to pee on it and mark it, I don't have to water it. I can make it as big or as small as I need to and I paid $50 bucks for it ONCE....not every year, and I don't have to lay it out in the street when Christmas is over hoping the trash man will pick it up.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving, this year I did it a week before because that's when I had the time.
4. When do you take the tree down? I start New Year's day and gradually take things down and put them away over the next two weeks.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yep - the cold non-alcoholic kind, but man the calories!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Donny and Marie Barbie dolls (I STILL have a crush on Donny Osmond), they had holes in the palms of the hands in a weirdly religious Jesus sort of way that were for their microphones to stick in, but I clearly remember asking my mother if they were friends of Jesus because they had hand holes like him.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My In-Laws
8. Easiest person to buy for? The Baby - he really just loves anything that makes noise or lights up.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Actually I love Nativity scenes and started collecting them when Mike and I got married, I like the really unusual ones, I have one that is just a penguin family, but the most interesting is the Native American one complete with Tee Pee. I think I have about 14 now.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? BOTH!!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Ponds Cold Cream from a student, at least I wasn't the teacher who got lingerie!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a tie between Elf and The Christmas Story.."you'll shoot your eye out!"
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I have money - I JUST went back to work so I'll be xmas shopping on the 24th I'm sure.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? A desert my mother makes called "4 Hour Delight"
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, blue LED, white twinkling LED and snowflake shaped white LED
17. Favorite Christmas song? I love them all.....today my favorite is Joy to the World because my niece (3) called and sang it to me on the phone and then informed me that it was my Christmas present....SO cute!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We used to travel but I told Mike if we ever had kids that on Christmas day we would stay home and people can come to us. I hated packing up as a kid and going from house to house when all I wanted to do was play with my new stuff!! I won't do that to my child.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Oh yes, how could I not I'm a preschool teacher!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star, one that light's up completely - it's gorgeous!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That my husband who works retail has to work SO much, and I miss him.
23. Favorite ornament? All of them, Mike and I started buying ornaments as souvenirs from anywhere we go when we first got married and now we have so many that it's fun to remember where we got them - our latest - a porcelain, hand painted ornament from our trip to Lake Tahoe. We need a Baby's first Christmas ornament!
24. Do you make Christmas cookies? Yes!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A bag of hundred dollar bills would be great, anything in that little blue box, Kristin Chenoweth's Christmas CD, Tickets to In The Heights which is coming to SF this year and a mani/pedi!