Saturday, November 14, 2009

Last days at home


My maternity leave is ending....it's sad. I don't want to leave this guy all day! I'll miss something, I just know it, he's beginning to do things like laugh - from the belly, and it looks like he could roll over any day now. I don't want to miss those things. I do want to miss the spit up. A couple days ago Erik spit up on my shoulder - no big deal I cleaned it up. But in the moment I remember thinking that it sounded much worse then what I cleaned up. Fast forward a few hours later and I found the rest of it. I thought I hadn't cleaned up much, and I was right because the rest of it had gone IN MY HAIR! and it was HOURS before I noticed it, when I finally had time to run a brush through my hair and it got caught in a mess.....and when I smelled the ball of mess in my hair I knew exactly what it was. Soured milk......yep, I won't miss anymore of that!
But I am grateful that I have been able to stay home for the last 4 months. It's been so nice to watch him change and grow. I have been missing that paycheck though so it will be nice to have that back again.
I came home from an errand today and found Mike and the baby like this. Please notice what is on the TV. Stanford vs. USC. Mike SWEARS Erik was watching the game.


Erik is beginning to hold his head up now (when he's not arching his back so far backwards you have to catch him when you're holding him). He also has an affinity for things that make a crinkling noise like the ears on the elephant his Papa and Grandma Liz gave him, he LOVES that elephant. He sits with it and just touches the ears. Here is a picture of him.




He also LOVES his crib!! Hurrah!!! He sleeps very well in it!


I'll check in next week after I've had to leave him all day and we'll see how many days I cry on my way into work.




No comments: