Sunday, March 29, 2009

Moving

This baby only moves for the Doctor, I keep reading all the books and all the websites who say I should clearly be feeling the baby move by 20 weeks (I'm almost 22 weeks), yet the Doctor says oh you won't feel anything until 26 weeks and it's not important until 28 weeks.
WHAT?? So either the books are wrong or the Doctor is. I keep waiting to feel him, I keep hoping and wishing him to kick me really hard so I know he's still alive and growing.
On a good note I am still 3 pounds under what I started this pregnancy at (and no I'm not going to tell you what that was so don't even ask). Which means on Wednesday I will be beginning my 6th month and I still haven't gained ANYTHING! Woo Hoo!!!.....well I guess I did gain something, just years and years before I was pregnant. I do notice a change in my body now. My boobs are finally getting bigger, just a teeny tiny bit but they are growing!! My stomach is poking out just above my belly button where it never did before and there it is hard as a rock, I can only assume that's my uterus holding that baby in!
I'm finally getting over the pneumonia I had and now barely cough at all!! Man, that was a bad three weeks and I am glad it's on it's way out. Now, if I could just get over this strong aversion I'm having to meat things would be OK! I made Tri-Tip for dinner, could barely cut it without getting sick. Mike enjoyed it, I had a salad.
It's Mike's birthday on the 6th and he will be 44, so everyone send him an e-mail teasing him about it.
Becky

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Becky, stop believing everything you read in "those books"! Your Doctor knows you and has a chart on YOU! If you are really concerned, get another opinion! Last time I checked the title wasn't called What to Expect when Becky Maguire is Expecting!

Sara said...

The books can make you crazy! Talk to your doc. BTW, I totally craved meat for a time while I was pregnant. It was the smell and taste of coffee (which I love), that made me nauseous!

Becky said...

Yes the books are making me crazy. I don't drink coffee but I do like the smell - Mike is a big coffee drinker and I've noticed lately that when he is making coffee I've asked him several times if there is something rotten in the kitchen and it's always the smell of the coffee that bothers me. I won't try tasting it!