Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Emotions and Anxiety

I know crazy emotions go along with being pregnant, I do. However, in the moment that it happens I forget. For example - If my boss asks me to do something / change something then I think she doesn't like me and I'm going to get fired. There is NO reality in this at all - however, when that moment is with me I'm paralysed with the anxiety that I am going to lose my job and not be able to provide for my child.
Perhaps it's the hormones combined with the continuous rainy days that are making me crazy, or perhaps its the feeling I feel as I watch parents look helpless as their toddler screams their way through the grocery store.
I expected these emotions much earlier - like in the first tri-mester, they seemed to have saved themselves all up for now!
So....if I'm short, mean or just plain bitchy (sorry Mikey!) to you then please give me a pregnant pass and I will do my best to be nice......but right now, everything (and everyone) seems to get on my nerves.
My lovely friend Bonnie who is an amazing photographer offered to photograph my blossoming belly......I didn't mean too, but I laughed at her and reminded her that the belly is what I usually try to HIDE in all photo's, it's not something I want to showcase. She said there was "creative" ways to showcase it with fabric and such. I had to nicely pass on that offer - skinny girls look lovely and pregnant, thick girls like me just look like they had too much lunch.
I'm waiting for my boobs to grow and distract people from my stomach.....I think Mike's hoping for that too. I hope he "hopes" really hard, so far....nada!

No comments: