Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Baby Blues

This beautiful child is my new favorite thing! I am in love with this little man.
The days aren't easy - I cry quickly at everything, and worry about anything. Is he breathing? Is he cold / hot? Is he getting sick?
These must be the baby blues, hopefully they will go away soon. They aren't so much fun and they make me stress out about everything. My mother takes it all in stride as I cry some mornings, and others I'm perfectly fine! Amazing to me and I don't want to cry I don't, but I can't help it. I thought it would be EASY to not cry. I have a healthy child, I've lost 40 pounds in 2 weeks and everything seems to be falling into place. However, my health is not perfect, my money still hasn't shown up, school is about to start again, and sometimes this baby just cries (which breaks my heart) and I don't know what he wants or how to help him and it's just easier to cry along with him!
All part of the whole pregnant experience I guess. Now, if my disability would just kick in before all the food in the house runs out we'll be OK!
Blogger still won't allow me to upload pictures - I don't know what that's about. Sorry!

4 comments:

Insane A said...

Awwwww, you'll be ok, Becky! Cry if you need to. It is a huge change in your life, a transition really and we all know transitions (even when they involve little human beings we're sooo in love with) are not easy. So breathe, feed/burp/change him and take it one day at a time :)

Alice

Kathy said...

Becky
You won't be surprised to know that a lot of us went through the SAME thing. My hormones were OUT of control for quite a while and being sleepless for three months made everything seem worse and bigger than it would have been had I gotten some hormone-less days and more sleep at night. It'll get much much better and one of the things you can count on is your mantra" This too will pass". That got me through a LOT. Remember that you have LOTS of friends and family to help you out right now. And a beautiful baby...

Becky and Mike Mooers said...

This is true I do have lots of support. Hopefully this too will pass....and pass quickly! Thanks Kathy!

the cowan family said...

Becky-Carole stopped by and told me about how things were going. I had the baby blues after Mary Frances. I longed for mornings and hated night time. I wondered why I was so sad when I had such a beautiful, healthy baby. They don't know why some people experience it and others don't. It does go away but that advice doesn't help when you are in the moment. Just remember we all love you and your mom is a big help. Call me if you want to talk. Love you. Dawn