Wednesday, May 2, 2012

CP.......NAH!!!

Erik's had a SLEW of doctor's appointments over the last month.  In his last IEP they requested LOTS of work ups to "validate" his receiving services.  I guess the fact that he DIDN'T WALK until was 2 and a half was no big deal. Sheez!
He's been to the dentist....which was awesome when he saw the TV on the ceiling.  He was not so thrilled with Raj the hygienist.
He had to see a neurologist today to check for CP and Autism....really?  OK whatever, we'll jump through the hoops to get the services.  After his dentist appointment yesterday he wasn't thrilled.  But when the Doctor walked in the door he said to her "You are smashing and have a nice ponytail, don't touch me."  She laughed for a good long while and finally convinced him to let her test all his reflexes.  He did OK.
 She completely ruled out CP and Autism (duh) but thought the original diagnosis of Benign Hypotonia was correct.  She ordered some blood tests to rule out Fragile X syndrome just to be sure....I haven't Googled it yet...I don't know what it is.  She did say it could have been the cause of my many previous miscarriages........that's interesting.
I got a big lecture about not coming in sooner, I told her I asked his pediatrician at 9 months, 12 months, 18 months and 2 years for a consult as well as a PT referral but she said he was fine....I also told her that the PT also stated he was "fine".  She was pretty shocked that his Dr didn't do anything way sooner.  I felt validated, but it's too late now.
Erik was happy to get back to his swing and now be done with Dr's appointments for a while.

No comments: