Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Two

Erik is now two, I thought for sure he'd be walking. Nope. He really doesn't care about walking. Some days I care, some days I don't. Everyone around me sure has an opinion though!
He's stuck in a weird place where his emotions are definitely two, his vocabulary is about four, and his legs are back at about 9 months.
He's in this new stage where when things don't go his way he immediately tries to bite, doesnt matter if its a table, a person or a toy. We've obviously been saying "Don't bite me!" often because now he yells BITE ME! just before he bites something....so we have to turn away and giggle at that. At least we get a warning now! One of my biggest fears as a preschool teacher was that my kid would be " the biter", thank goodness he doesn't go to daycare! I've started saying "kisses not bites", we'll see how that goes.
He also now answers every question we ask him with a guessing game a la (insert favorite game show host here). Erik, do you have a poop? " it's not a pee pee, it's not an accident, it's not pajamas". Oh look Erik there's a dog! " it's not a cat, it's not a lion, it's not a door". Imagine this is response to EVERYTHING we say. It's time to go to bed. "it's not time to eat, it's not time to play, it's not time for singing songs"........and repeat, all day. So interesting how he is classifying things by what they are NOT. He even does it with people, rotating his favorites. Say good night to Nana. " not to Jaymee, not to Grandma C, not to Papa and Mimi".......just say goodnight all ready!
Between the biting and the classifying it's like living with a Vampire Dr. Suess!
I'm interested to hear what the Dr will say at his 2 year check up when I tell her he STILL isn't walking. I'm sure Erik will let her know,"not running, not jumping, not swimming........"
Took these pictures of him today. In the second one he seems to be thinking about climbing the submarine!!






I'll let you know what the Dr cones up with since she swore he'd be walking by two.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone on a teeny tiny keyboard.

2 comments:

Sara said...

He is so cute!

Daneece Hernandez, founder of Principle Based Happiness said...

Love it. With all that verbal development who has time to learn to walk? Is he getting teeth? Sometimes my kids seemed to bite a lot then I guess there gums felt itchy or something.