Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Plan

Well, I've been working hard to eat what the final life stage is after the


surgery. It feels like a lot of food, and at the same time, man I'm missing

those carbs!

I'm allowed to have one starch at each meal and these are my choices,

1 piece of toasted bread, 1 half of a baked potato or 6 crackers. That's

it. I know, 3 meals a day, it's easy to figure out what goes where.

I'm eating lots of fish and chicken. I'm now drinking 64oz of water a day,

and spending some extra special time in the bathroom.

Here's the whole meal plan, the same EVERY SINGLE DAY. I think this

is why I have failed at every other diet before..I like variety, I also adore carbs. It's not happening anymore.....I'm in
mourning, for pasta, rice and muffins.



For Breakfast you get*You get to add one protein if your a woman over 5'7 (Thank you genes for letting me be tall!!!! - or if you're a man)




2 Proteins - 2oz of meat, eggs, cheese or beans*
1 fruit - fruit is fruit

1 starch - you saw that list above

1 milk - Lots of choice here...NOT! 8oz of milk OR 6oz yogurt

1 fat - butter, oil, mayo, salad dressing, avocado, peanut butter, cream

cheese or sour cream.



For Lunch *Again add for the tall ones and the males, here you can also add 1 more cup of veggies

3 Proteins

2 Vegetables

1 Starch

1 fruit

1 Fat



For Dinner *and again we thank the tall and testosterone genes here for an extra protein and an extra veggie.

3 proteins

2 vegetables

1 starch

1 milk

1 fat



And there you have it folks, the bariatrics diet for the rest of my life.

I can do it, with reminders. I wrote the plan in chalk on my fridge, and

then I took a picture of it with my phone to keep it on me at all times.  It's not the most professional, but it works as a cheat sheet.


 I

wish it was easier to shout DEFLATE! to my body, or stick myself with a pin

and "POP"....but in the end this will make me healthier. If it doesn't I'm

going to be one crabby lady!

Maybe you can try it and see if it works for you!  I'm two weeks in and down 8 pounds, and not starving (well except for pasta, bread.....).
And I apologize for the weird formatting in this post, my laptop is sick, and when I switched to the desktop to edit this, it did this.....I have no idea why (which is probably why my laptop is sick..because I just have no idea why).

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow! That takes some commitment. I'm sure you can do it, though, and I'm behind you all the way. Go, Becky!