Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm gonna slap you

Today in Costco a woman judged me by what was in my cart.  She looked at me, the food in my cart, and called me fat.  In the check-out line, in front of everyone.
Seriously?  Did she really???
Yup.
I felt exactly like I did all those times in school when people made fun of me for being fat.  Funny how I defaulted right back into that!
As an adult I am always shocked by the nerve of some people.  But what could I do?  I couldn't bitch slap her in the middle of Costco, even though I REALLY wanted to. Like I've ever slapped ANYONE, I would have no idea how to begin that, but if there was ever someone I'd like to take outside, it was this lady.
But seriously lady, how did you get past security? 

Which is kind of a good segue into my next topic.   I'm getting the lap band.....I know, I know.  But seriously, I've tried every diet. I long to be thinner, I want to get on the floor with my child and hang out and I want to swing him in my lap at the park and fit in the swing. I was telling a friend the other night, I want to wear a bathing suit, that doesn't come with the old lady tummy hiding ruffle/skirt.  I want to buy something off the rack at Old Navy....it's the little things.

So, I've had one orientation, several more to go and then I get to meet the surgeon.  Should be an interesting journey, and I'll keep you informed all along the way.  And maybe, if karma loves me, I'll run into rude lady some day again, and have a little chat with her....outside.

No comments: