Sunday, May 22, 2011

oh GROSS!!

At school we are raising silkworms, the children love them.  They are a great project but also a pain, they eat boxes of mulberry leaves every day and mulberry leaves only grow on mulberry trees which aren't that plentiful, so it becomes another job for teachers just to feed them.
I've been stopping in on Saturdays to feed them and of course I had Erik with me.  I sat him at the table and took his picture with the worms.  He was enthralled with the "wormas" as he calls them.
So enthralled, that as soon as I turned away to get some leaves to feed them, he ate one. And tried to get another one in his mouth, but I wrestled it away from him.  I tried very hard to stay calm and not vomit on him because I was so disgusted.  He looked at me with a piece of worm in his mouth and sweetly said "worma's YUM Mama!" I told him we don't eat worms.  Then I called poison control and they laughed and laughed and said he'd be fine.
When I told my mother she laughed and laughed and told me I gave her a heart attack at about the same age when she left me playing outside (because you could do that in the 70's) for a few minutes, and when she came back I had pulled six snails out of their shells and eaten them. When she returned I also said, "Mama Yum!"  She didn't call poison control, but rushed me the 1/2 block down the street to Grandpa Joe, who laughed and laughed and assured her I'd be fine.

What have your toddlers eaten??

No comments: