Monday, June 28, 2010

Where is the sleep?

I have heard the sleeping got easier as they got older.........I'm waiting!!!


Erik is calm and sweet, funny and good natured all day long, but as soon as the sun goes down his head spins around, he gnashes his teeth (all 4 and a half) and his eyes begin to roll into his head. It's like he can feel "night night" coming on and he is not having it!
If I hold him he wants Da Da Da Da!! If Mike holds him he says Nana Nana or Ma ma ma ma...If Nana holds him he yells for Papa!! It's crazy. We are like the three stooges running around, a bottle? diaper? Juice? Toy? ACK!!!

It usually ends up in a crying fit because I won't allow him to pull my hair (which is the one thing he LOVES doing - seriously......if anyone finds a stuffed animal completely made of hair I'll pay you back!), and he cries himself to sleep.

I remember being little (not as little as him) and hating to go to bed because I thought my parents were having a party, or doing something fun with out me. I'm sure they were just falling asleep in front of the TV as we do each night. If I can stay up past 10:00 it's a miracle, usually I end up like this at 4:30pm in the pool. Luckily Mike or Mom takes Erik in and allows me a little snooze.


Oh, can I say this "kiddie" pool, which is actually big enough for the grown ups too is AWESOME!!! Especially on days like today when it's flip flop melting hot.


No comments: