Friday, June 18, 2010

Father's Day


It's almost Father's Day! I am so grateful to have a wonderful husband and to celebrate his first Father's Day!!

He deserves an award since the last few months have not been easy, the last weeks of my school were a nightmare (not to mention the whole poopy graduation), he's started a new job and life is constantly changing.

We had a large *disagreement* a few days back about responsibilities and what I thought he should be doing, and what he thought I should be doing and of course neither of us was aware of the other's perspective and we sat down and had a LONG talk about how we want our marriage to work and how to communicate in a more positive (read: Non-nagging for me, and listening for him) way so that jobs around the house could get done in what feels like an equal manner to both of us.

I am proud of him for initiating this conversation and we've really worked hard the past couple of weeks to show how much we love each other and we are trying very hard not to take each other for granted.

In honor of Father's Day Erik has made him a special surprise and I got him a coffee maker (I totally gave it to him already so no spoilers here) that is his dream, he loves it so much he drinks coffee at night too......the only way it could be better is if it was an IV drip directly into his blood.
To my husband - Happy first Father's Day Love!





To my Dad - I love you Dad!! Thanks for making me laugh, and being a great Papa!



















To my Father in Law - Thank you for being such a good Dad to your son, he learned how to be one from you!!

No comments: