Monday, March 15, 2010

The little milestones



This little man is growing like a weed! Everyday he changes, changes so fast and so quickly that I want him to stop (well, he can stop when the teething's over - it's not fun when his teeth hurt).
He's rolling over everyday now - so much and I know crawling is not very far away! This weekend Mike and I had lots of errands to run and hauling that baby car seat in and out of everywhere is not very easy so we thought we'd try to see if he was ready to sit up in the cart and Viola!! He could do it!! He did it at Target and Whole Foods and tonight he sat in a restaurant high chair! Again, these are the little milestones that he achieves that are so bittersweet for me.
He;s giving sloppy baby kisses now, the kind that come with licks and slurps and an occasional burp - they are glorious.
But it's not all kisses and hugs - this teething stuff is for the birds!! He cried all afternoon today and was only not crying when being held - and I haven't yet figured out how to teach my Biology homework to do itself yet. So it isn't done. Erik is fussy fussy, which is hard to see on my little happy man, but once those teeth are in I'm hoping he will be back to his happy self.
Well....off I go to teach that Biology homework how to do itself.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Cute pix--big milestones!