Sunday, January 11, 2009

Scary Weekend!!!

Well, I can say that I am very excited to be sitting in my house right now. We've had a bit of a scary weekend. Yesterday about 5:30 I went to the bathroom and passed something (I'm an expert at miscarriage so I thought I had a good idea of what it was). Mike quickly took me to the ER where they were confused because I had no bleeding, no cramping, just this passed piece of tissue.
After several hours and an ultrasound we still had nothing - the ultrasound was "incunclusive" (I think the Dr. running it was an idiot - hence the inconclusive outcome). They kept me overnight for observation (yet didn't admit me so I spent the night in the very loud ER on a gurney!), and then did another Ultrasound today with a real ultrasound technition. Her conclusion - Baby looked perfect measured at 9 weeks 5 days - which is exactly where it should be today. This was still confusing because what did I pass? Well - this was the final answer. Herterotopic Pregnancy - which means there were two babies, the one we've been watching in my uterus who is coming along perfectly and another that attached itself to an ovary and likely stopped growing very early on, this is what I passed.
What a stressful day it's been. I am ever so thankful that our little shrimp is safe and secure and things worked out for the best.
I need to take a nap now - 20 hours in the ER, no sleep and nothing to eat or drink for 18 of those hours makes for a VERY cranky Becky.
Oh and Dad - the baby now has a heartbeat of 167 beats per minute - if your theory about the sex that girls have heart beats above 140 BPM is correct then get ready for ANOTHER grand daughter!
Becky

3 comments:

Sara said...

Thank goodness everything is OK!

Anonymous said...

I have also heard that the higher the heart rate, the more likely it is a girl. All 3 boys were in the 140's and never made it higher than 149. What a weird coincidence if it ends up being a girl. The grandkids will be split by sex, girls on one side and the boys on the other.

Becky and Mike Mooers said...

hmmm....well more proof that this may be a girl. How weird if all the girls have only girls and the boys have boys! If Joseph ever marries I'll be curious to see! At least with your boys we know that Maguire name lives on!!